Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    The meaning of Catherine
    Monday, August 21, 2006
    Today's blog prompt was to find out the meaning of your name and also if it 'fits' with you and if you like it. I've never particularly liked it and nowadays most people call me Cath except for my immediate family who still call me Catherine. Don't particularly like Cath either but people have to call me something. It's derived from the greek for 'Pure' so not exactly sure if it fits me lol! The biggest pain about it is that there are so many variations on how to spell it so invariably it gets spelt wrongly quite often. I would have probably preferred to be called Kate or Kat but it'sa bit late to ask people to call me that now.
    posted by Cath @ 3:51 PM  
    4 Comments:
    • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Gallifrey said…

      As a fellow Katherine, who prefers Kathie I agree about all the ways to spell our name and all its short forms! And as for being "pure"...LOL!

       
    • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Ooh, your blogs all changed Cath, I like it! I don't like my name either if that's any consolation, I always wanted to be called Jacqueline!

       
    • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

      ahh, yes, the joys of being a Kathryn. I get it spelt all kinds of ways. I was called katie when i was little, and my family still call me Kate.. (i do answer, but only with them!!) don't particularly like Kathy, but then that's cause it notmally ends up sounding like "kaffy":) I introduce myself as kathryn, but do get Kath a lot. I lurve my name, but don't know about pure:D

       
    • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Andy said…

      Hi Cath... Just passing by and thought I would say "Hi" So "Hi" lol

      All the best to you and your family and have a great weekend ;-)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com