Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    Wednesday, October 19, 2005
    Well i'm having a bit of a crappy day. I seem to whinge all the time don't I!!!???

    Anyway it started off by DH waking me up. Waking me up when i am in a deep sleep doesn't really get me off to a good start, but it was 0830 and Corey and I were both still asleep. This is an amazing fete in itself because Corey NEVER sleeps til that time. At the moment 8am is the latest but hey, i'm not complaining. So the phonecall woke both of us up. I still find it very sweet that after nearly 7 yrs together my hubby still calls me 2-3 times a day though!
    So i'm awake and feeling particularly ill. I've had a cough for nearly 3 weeks and woke this morning with a stinking cold to top things off. Sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, you know the deal. So have been feeling lousy all day. Then late morning Corey proceeds to put unknown object into mouth and be sick all over the carpet. Great, just what i love doing, cleaning up vomit! Won't eat his lunch and is then sick again! Oh the joys of motherhood!
    On a good front i did manage to finish a layout i've done for a friend. It's VERY, VERY pink and girly, not what i usually do at all, but such a refreshing change, i hope she likes it. Once i know she has it i will upload it :)

    On a more sombre note i received some quite shocking news the other day.
    Someone knocked on the front door and on answering it it turned out to be a neighbour from across the street. He wanted to let the neighbours know some news he had found out and thought we all should know, as a community.
    It turns out the guy who lives next door but one to me is currently in prison, for being a Paedophile. Well i was completely shocked. Having someone like that living 2 doors away. He said he had been caught on videotape and they had also taken away his computer. He had been in court on Monday and they were keeping him there until his trial in November. Well i know the phrase innocent until proven guilty, but would they keep him on remand if he was innocent?
    I asked the man just as he left which number house it was and then closed the door and never thought anymore about it. I went upstairs to tell hubby and he said, 'Well that's R's house isn't it?' It hadn't registered with me that the guy they were on about is actually someone we both know! And know quite well! I have know R for about 8 yrs. We used to work together and then when we bought this house we were amazed to find out he lived there. I know his girlfriend really well too as she worked at the same place when i started but then changed jobs. Whenever i'm out and about i always talk to them and they always say hello to us and Corey. To say i feel totally sick by all this is an understatement, it made me feel really ill. The neighbour who told us said she is standing by him which, if he is guilty, and she is, then i found completely disgusting. She's still in the house and although i am a friend of hers, i don't feel it's my place to go talk to her. I know R has alway's been a bit strange, but i never thought he was capable of anything like that. I guess until we know all the facts i shouldn't assume anything, but they don't arrest people for nothing do they?
    posted by Cath @ 10:06 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Caz said…

      What a shock! I hope today (Thursday) is going better for you!

       
    • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Jen said…

      Scary! Gosh poor you. I know it's innocent until proven guilty, but how can you be calm knowing the guy is actually in custody for this? We had a neighbour we were 'told' had tried to abduct a child, but I never knew how true that was. He was soooo creepy, Claire used to change pavements if she saw him, and she didn't even know about the rumour. It's scary to think of this going on around us, isn't it? Big hugs!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com