Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    Hospital Appointment
    Friday, November 19, 2004
    Corey had a Neonatal Follow up appointment today. I was so nervous wondering what they would do and also having to enter 'that' building again. We haven't been back to the unit sice Corey was discharged in April. I felt sick as soon as i entered the building.
    Anyway, we saw Mike Smith, Corey's consultant. It was lovely to see him again after so long, he's a really nice chap. He couldn't believe how big he was and said he looked really good. He did some basic skills with Corey. Holding and reaching for objects, holding 2 objects at a time which he did and Dr Smith said that was very good because at 7 months it isn't possible and Corey is 9 adjusted. He also managed to pull a rattle on a string which indicates his brain is able to plan, another good sign. He checked his muscles and had him sitting. He said his muscle tone was excellent. All in all he was very pleased with him. If there had been a problem he would have brought him back to see him but as he is looking good he doesn't want to see him til Feb 2006!! This is when he will be 2 yrs corrected. Woohoo!
    Then we went in to see the staff who looked after him on the neonatal unit. It was fantastic! They absolutely adore him and spoiled him rotten. He had so many hugs he really enjoyed himself. They said he looked fabulous and of course i had to agree!
    They have asked me to take part in a research study which i have agreed too. It involves seeing if aftercare of children with 'needs' is adequate enough. I can definately give them a very long list on that one!
    Went Christmas shopping tonight and actually got quite alot done, for a change. My feet are killing me now!
    posted by Cath @ 7:57 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 4:58 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said…

      Great news on the good health visit! You're a better woman than me, I don't even think about Christmas shopping till about 2 weeks before the big day! :)

       
    • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

      Sounds like a great visit for young Mr. Corey! So glad to read that!!!

      Yay for the Christmas shopping. I keep doing a little here and a little there but have actually lost track of what's been done. Drat!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com