Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    Walk
    Tuesday, September 06, 2005
    So Sunday saw me off on the sponsored walk that DH had organised to raise money for the hospital where Corey was cared for for 5 months. We all got up early, had breakfast and then set off at 7am so we could set off walking before 8am. It was really warm but misty. There were 21 people walking and 3 dogs. All of them work with DH and as i used to work for the same company i got to meet up with some old friends and chat so that was nice. So we set off at speak and stopped for a couple of pictures, first off we had to climb 105 steps which was a nice start to a 17 mile walk! The scenery was superb. We were at Ladybower & Howden Reservoirs which are in the Derbyshire countryside and as the mist cleared the sun came out and it was the most gorgeous day. Every few miles we stopped to rest but there were midges everywhere and a few people got bit to death. Corey had even got a few red marks on his scalp and forehead but luckily they were just marks and didn't swell or itch or anything. DH got a few on his arms too but was ok. Anyway unfortunetely i didn't manage to finish the who course. The 17 miles was in sort of a figure of 8 and when you got to 12 miles you ended back where you started but then carried on further. So after 12 miles i had to stop because my feet were burning and i felt like i had razor blades in my boots. On getting home it turned out i had 5 blisters, 2 on the bottom of my heel, 1 on the ball of my foot and 2 on my toe. I don't really know how i managed the last few miles as i was in agony. Anyway, tired and very disappointed i hitched a lift home with friends while Dave completed the next 5 miles in 1 1/2 hrs. I was so proud of him!
    Here are a few pictures from the day


    posted by Cath @ 7:47 AM  
    6 Comments:
    • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Claire said…

      Blimey, he walked all that way with Corey on his back?! :o No wonder you're proud - what a star. And well done to you too, I'd have gone home at 12 miles too :)

       
    • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Twelve miles sounds pretty good going, really! Looks a good day, in a lovely place.
      Good-on-ya!, and quick-foot healing wishes too
      xxx : )

       
    • At 3:21 PM, Blogger crazed lunatic said…

      Cath, honey, I'm so proud of you guys! It brings tears to my eyes that Dave and you organized this whole thing. Sorry to hear that you couldn't finish the walk....I'm sending fast-healing vibes your way, girlie!

      ((hugs))

      and btw....you found a beautiful place to have it!

       
    • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jak said…

      Well done to you both, what a feat! (no pun intended LOL)

      xox

       
    • At 6:45 PM, Blogger preemiemum said…

      Wow - well done you both, not sure I could've managed the 12 miles.

      Hoping the feet heal soon.

       
    • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said…

      Love the pics!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com