Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    Nightmare!!
    Wednesday, February 15, 2006
    Not a huge amount happened yesterday, that's why i didn't blog.
    The only interesting thing was Pamela(a researcher for the University of Sheffield) came to interview me again. I have been helping her with some research she is doing about the care special needs children get when they leave hospital into the community. It's actually very interesting and i've enjoyed it immensely. We've been meeting up every few months for over a yr now but the study is due to come to an end. I was happy to here from her yesterday that they have been commissioned to do a book which is great and also there will be a big conference held in Newcastle in May which brings all the researchers together. She has asked me if i will speak at this conference. Of course i would love to so we just need to see if DH can get the day off work on that day.
    Today we have been to nursery again but only for an hour. I actually physically left him there this time and it was very weird. I had to stop myself from checking my phone every minute. I just nipped to the post office and shops while he was there and i soon realised that going shopping without the pram is actually hard work because i had to carry the shopping lol!
    Anyway, an hour later i returned and he was playing with cars and as happy as a pig in muck! She said he had been fine, no trouble at all, so hopefully he will settle in nicely. It's really suprising for me because he really has had very limited play with other children so i thought his social skills would be very sensitive but he may be proving Mummy wrong.
    The nightmare happened when we got home. I had a note through the door to say that the postie had left a parcel round the back for me. So i went out the back to get it, closing the door shut behind me or Corey tries to follow me. Well i couldn't get back in. The lock was stuck and i totally panicked. I tried for a good 10 mins and was actually at the point of finding a brick to break the window when it suddenly just gave way and the door opened. nI wouldn't have minded if i'd just have been stuck outside but Corey was in the house on his own!
    Relief?? OMG Yes!!
    posted by Cath @ 9:02 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 1:35 AM, Blogger Kari said…

      Oh wow that would have been scarey! Glad you got back in! How awesome that the nursery is working out!

       
    • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Jen said…

      Oh gosh! That happened to my mum when my sisters were little. She still talks about it, 50 years later LOL

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com