Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    Fat
    Tuesday, November 23, 2004
    I am officially getting fat!
    I've known this for a while and have tried so hard but i love food too much!
    My latest downfall is Croissants. I used to be a toast girl or sometimes nothing at all but recently have started to have these french delights. Yesterday i had 4 for breakfast, yes you read right, 4! And i loved every mouthful, all with a hint of strawberry jam. I'm also feeling abit low so i don't think that helps. I would love to be one of those people who feels nauseous when stressed and therefore doesn't eat but i am the complete opposite, i eat. This evening we had to take Corey to the doctors for his final flu jab so we were late getting back. I made a huge amount of vegetable broth this morning for Dave's dinner so that was him sorted but i never think of myself and then alway's end up eating crap. Well the crap tonight was Fish & Chips from the local chipshop. dave's fault, he suggested it. Although very yummy i'm sure there was 1000 calories in them and 30% fat. Then i had chocolate cake with custard for afters. In my defense it was low fat custard! Who i am trying to kid here. I am gonna have to do some serious exercise. Dave's just bought an exercise bike and i have only been on it once. Tomorrow i will use it, i promise!
    I broached the subject of babies again this evening. I really would like another baby. Maybe i'm mad! I mean it's only 12 months since i gave birth at 28 wks and ended up with a baby fighting for his life and only 7 months since he came home. But i desperately would love a sibling for Corey. When i was pregnant i said i didn't want anymore but things change. Even going through what i have i still want one. I guess deep down inside i'm hoping that lightening won't strike twice but who knows. Anyway looks like i'll never know. Dave is adamant he doesn't want another. I thought he was softening a little this evening as he was very quiet whilst we, sorry, I talked about it. He says he is petrified of this happening again and he couldn't go through it a second time. I know what he's saying is true but if we all thought like that we'd never do anything, right? I said if we could guarantee that it would be 100% safe would you consider it and he said yes. I'm lost now. I can't have a baby on my own so i guess for the moment i have to put it out of my mind.
    posted by Cath @ 10:36 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

      Aww, I'm sorry. Its hard when half a couple yearns one way and other pulls in the opposite direction. Perhaps with more time between all Corey went through at birth and as he continues to improve things will be different for your hubby. Or perhaps not. Either way, revisit it when appropriate - not to persaude him but to share your and his feelings on teh subject. Not to do so could cause dangerous resentments and closed up pain for you both.

       
    • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said…

      I too would like another child, but my husband does not. We are both carriers for Cystic Fibrosis, and he doesn't want to take the chance. But oh the joys of siblings!

      :)

       
    • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

      I think I'm getting fat, too. My downfall is donuts. I don't know what happened to me, but I have the major donut cravings. It used to be ice cream, but I can go for weeks without that now. I can't say no to the chocolate cream filled donuts. Love Krispy Kreme. I think it's a US thing - do they have that in the UK?

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com