Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    Over for another year
    Wednesday, December 27, 2006
    Well after all the preparation and spending it's all over for another year. Still have New Year to look forward too and new beginnings but we don't really do much at New Year.
    Anyway we have had a really nice time, albeit very quiet. We should have been having Dave's Dad for lunch but he was ill so it was just the 3 of us, which was nice as it's the first time it's just been us.
    Anyway, Corey woke Christmas morning just after 6am and after coming in bed with us for a few minutes we went and started the opening of presents. Mine and Dave's didn't take much opening as we don't really spend much on each other, all our money goes on Corey and Dave's other kids Simon and Laura. Anyway, Corey unwrapped and unwrapped and seemed to love all his presents. He got Cars, trains, planes, books, leap pad cartridges, games and baking sets. We didn't buy him one big present this year but lots of things. Dave got books and Dvds as well as cycling and football things and i got smellies, books, dvds, PJs and perfume as well as 2 cartridges for my Cricut die cutting machine. After opening the presents we just chilled for a bit and then i started preparations for dinner whilst we waited for Simon and Laura to come. They loved all their presents too which were mainly clothes(and expensive ones at that!)
    So we ate dinner late, more like teatime but it was lovely. I made enough to feed at least 6 people i think and we ended up feeling bloated and very full! Afterwards we ate devils food cake with fresh cream, yum! Christmas Day evening was spend watching trashy Christmas movies and generally vegging out!
    Yesterday we did nothing. Boxing day is always a time to relax for me. Leftovers for dinner and again watching the obligatory trash they put on the TV. Dave popped out in the morning with Corey and i just chilled out and then in the afternoon Dave and Simon went to the football while Corey and I sat and played. Then last night Corey had his Big Cook Little Cook set out and made Strawberry angel delight. Now he would have done buns but i didn't really have enough sugar so they'll have to wait for another time.
    Today DH and I have had some quiet time. Corey has been to nursery and so we caught up on housework and then headed off to the local shopping centre for a browse. I didn't realise there was a NEXT store there and they always have fabulous sales so i just had to pop in. I managed to get Corey a fab new winter coat, about 10 long sleeved tops and 4 pairs of trousers for £50! May go back tomorrow for a proper look as we didn't have much time. Corey seemed to like all his new gear although he's a bit grouchy right now as he has a bit of a cough and a cold. I just hope it doesn't get too bad.
    So New Year, do you have any resolutions?
    Well i have started mine early. I decided to get my life into some sort of order and so have been the motivator rather than the procrastinator. My friend Dawn bought me a fabby book for Christmas called Organise yourself and it's really helped. I've been making to do lists like theres no tomorrow. So instead of putting things off til the last minute i am going to do them early. No more missing birthdays and appointments, from now on call me Mrs Organised! I shall keep my 5am routine and as Corey is going to be at nursery 3 mornings a week it will give me plenty of time to get things done. I am going to start a Bliss support group and already have the wheels in motion on that. I've started to plan my housework so i know what i'm doing each day and also the same with meals. I know it might be a bit anal but hey, if it works who cares!
    Anyway, here are a few pictures from Christmas. Hope you all had a fabulous time!!




    posted by Cath @ 5:54 PM  
    11 Comments:
    • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Corey looks so grown up all of a sudden! Your Christmas sounds lovely and our Boxing Days sound identical! Don't ya just love New Years Resolutions! We can remind each mid-Jan of what we promised to do LOL!

       
    • At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Sounds like the perfect Christmas. Corey is growing up so fast.

      I'll join you in the quest to be more organised. I've even bought a diary to write all my daily to do bits in.

      Have a fab new year xxx

       
    • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Tonya said…

      Sounds like a brilliant Christmas and love the pics.

      Organization is one of my new years resolutions as well as a few others..

       
    • At 4:14 PM, Blogger domestic goddess said…

      my izzy got the big cook set as well :) she is planning on making a chocolate cake with her choccy money santa left!
      merry christmas to you all
      xoxxo

       
    • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Sounds like you had a great time Cath! Good luck with setting up the BLISS group, I bet you'll be fab at that!xx

       
    • At 1:27 PM, Blogger crazed lunatic said…

      Merry Late Christmas, Cath! I'm glad that you guys had a good time.

      The resolutions sound great, girlie! Good luck with them! I tried to do an overhaul all at once and burned myself right out....lol I'm not an organized person at all, though....

       
    • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Mel said…

      Belated Merry Christmas Cath. Lovely photos of Corey :) I am also trying to be just a teeny bit more organised. I started making menu plans a while ago and have saved a small fortune on wasted food as I buy what I need and it also saves the inevitable umming and ahhing over what to cook for dinner! I have a housework list too but the less said about that the better!!!! Will try harder in 2007 :) Hope you have a good new year. Mel xx

       
    • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Gallifrey said…

      Looks like you all had a lovely Christmas...only best wishes to you all for the New Year.

       
    • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      My sort of Christmas..quiet and relaxed. Sounds lovely :) ...No resolutions for me ( i am rubbish at keeping them!) Being more organised is something i really NEED to be ...can't live without my diary!!
      A very late Happy Christmas
      And Happy NEW YEAR darling (((((hugs)))))
      Soojay

       
    • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas! Here's wishing you a very happy new year xxx

       
    • At 5:20 AM, Blogger jennifer said…

      Love the pictures! Have a great New Year!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com