Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    That was the week that was!
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007
    And it was all a bit of a blur to be honest!
    I'll start with yesterday and my test results. The doctor had already sort of given me an inkling of what may be wrong with me and he wasn't wrong. I have something called ET or Essential Thrombocythaemia. This means that my bone marrow is abnormal and making too many platelets. Because of that i'm at risk of blood clots and therefore things that go with it like strokes and stuff so i need to be monitored carefully. From now on i have to take aspirin everyday but don't need anything else for the time being. Chances are in the future i will need a form of tablet that kills off the excess platelets(basically a form of chemotherapy). At the moment i'm feeling ok about it. I feel a bit pissed off that it's happened to me if i'm honest. It's a disease typically present in over 50's normally so not sure why it's picked on me! Anyway, i'm not going to let it get me down so i now need to do some research and find out what i need to do with myself :)
    Friday was a pretty bad day too. Corey started with stomach pains and he was in so much pain it was just plain awful to watch. In th end i ended up calling an ambulance cause i didn't know what else to do. He screamed all the way there and while we were waiting to be seen before he fell asleep in my arms. He slept for about 1/2 hr and then woke up in pain again. Thankfully after a while they seemed to disappear altogether and we never found out what they were! I just hope he never gets them again.
    The weekend was a bit of a let down. Sunday we headed off to Derby cause Dave was playing in a football match for his company. What he didn't realise was that it was indoors. So we(me, Dave and Corey) were stuck inside a very hot soccerdome all day Sunday whilst the sun was shining outside. I did escape with Corey for an hour though and we went to Frankie and Benny's for dinner!
    Housework and company today and tomorrow is a busy day with work in the morning, Corey's hospital appointment in the afternoon and a doctors appt for me straight after.
    Thanks for reading if you got this far, sometimes i waffle a bit.
    posted by Cath @ 4:47 PM  
    6 Comments:
    • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Kari said…

      Intersting ailment you have. Just out of curiosity did this have anything to do with Corey's premature birth?

      Wow! Sorry Corey was in such pain! Hope you find out whats going on!

      As always I love reading your blog!

       
    • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Oh Cath... at least you have your results and know what it is now... and hopefully will be under control.... bit of a bummer though isnt it?

      Poor Corey - hope he has recovered and is okay now...

      Take care - hope to see you soon - next crop on 16th June isnt it - or if you need anything before - just holler....

      katie xxxx

       
    • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Tonya said…

      Sorry to hear about the results Cath and glad that you are doing okay with it! I would be the same way thinking it sucks.. why me? but since you have to take an asprin a day just look at it like it could have been something more serious..

      Poor Corey, I know how horrible that must have been for you to see.. been there, done that! Glad it went away though and hopefully it stays away!

       
    • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Hope that things have picked up a bit now Cath xxx

       
    • At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Cath I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been well and now are facing dealing with all of this. Been wrapped up in our own little world of hospitals, I'm afraid. I hope everything goes as well as it can.

       
    • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Brandie said…

      ((((Cath))) At least you know what you are facing and your attitude about it seems terrific. I think I'd be doing a lot more ranting and raving ;-)

      Glad Corey is okay =)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com