Just Me!

I am a wife, mother & keen photographer with an obsession for Scrap booking. My motto is live life to the max and don't regret too much! Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog!

 
Blog Links
What I'm Listening too
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Reading
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I'm Watching
  • Heroes
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Brothers and Sisters
  • Big Brother
  • My Fantasy Football
    Visit my mini league "Scrappad"
    Launch Day!!!
    Friday, June 01, 2007
    I am very excited, and also very pleased to announce the launch of 'It's a Creative World'
    This is a very special inspiration blog full of fabulous ideas to get your creative juices flowing. It is't just about scrapbooking but all sorts of crafty stuff including knitting, altering and crochet etc... to cooking, gardening and homemaking. I am extremely proud and honoured to be part of such a fabulous team.
    Todays special feature is about Altering. I wanted to alter something that everyone could have a go at rather than have to buy something specifically, so i altered a soap tablet box.
    This is what it looked like before.



    And here's what i did with it!


    And here's what to do!

    And here's how to do it.

    Firstly paint the inside i nice colour, i used Heidi Swapp red paint.
    You will only need one sheet of 12x12 paper for this (mine is A2Z delightful and is double sided)
    I roughly sized the pieces i would need for each side by drawing around the box.
    I added double sided tape to the box and then placed the paper on and trimmed the edges using sharp scissors. I used strips of red card to cover the corners but you could use ribbon if you wanted. However i did use ribbon originally and it kept coming unstuck.


    To decorate the top i cut the word recipes using my Cricut but you could use any of your alphabet stickers of chipboard alphas etc... I put a simple handmade bow in the top corner and added a prima flower and brad. I then scoured the internet for the simple quote which i printed on coordinating cardstock.
    To make the recipe card i simply measured the inside of the box and cut a piece of card to size. I then printed my recipe off in two pieces and stuck the ingredients on one side and the method on the other.
    And that's it really! It's really simple but effective. Please contact me if you have any questions!
    Thankyou!

    posted by Cath @ 9:00 AM  
    9 Comments:
    • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Tonya said…

      you are sooo creative! What a great idea and you did a great job :)

       
    • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      wow that is fab you are sooo talented

       
    • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Kel said…

      very gorgeous! glad the new project brought me by your blog. A little in awe at how you don't seem to have let your health news dampen you at all, just up and away with scrapping and blogging and photography and new projects and, and, and! Inspiring woman, you.

       
    • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Kari said…

      Love, love, love this idea! You super creative woman!

       
    • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I'm a huge fan of washing up boxes, I've altered them for all sorts of things, including a shelf, lol!!

      Good luck with your new venture Cath, it looks great:D

       
    • At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      beautiful colours Cath - fab idea too... I am going to have to open another box next week and think I might have to have a go...

      Hope you are feeling okay..... obviously keeping busy!

      See you soon,

      Katie xxx

       
    • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Trish said…

      Gorgeous cath hunny xxx

       
    • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Anam_Kihaku said…

      thats a fabby blog girlie - you should all be very proud!!

       
    • At 10:00 AM, Blogger joanna said…

      I do love this idea, Cath - the finished article is so pretty, and I am all for turning empty boxes into something useful - brill! :)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Cath
    Home: Sheffield, United Kingdom
    About Me: A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]

    Designed by: Zoot

    Crafty Blogs

    frontpage hit counter

    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    © 2005 Just Me! Template by Isnaini Dot Com